“Stand guard at the door of your mind.” – Jim Rohn
Always stand guard at the door of your mind, don’t let anyone trample on your mind with their feet. Be very careful of how you treat yourself because others are watching for clues on how to treat you in return.
You are a one-time experience in this world, so, treat yourself with great respect and be the best that you can be. Let me share with you few tips that can help you re-align your daily activities with the world-class brand that you were born to be.
- Speak to yourself positively and with respect.
- God made me the way I am for a reason, so, I accept myself the way I am;
- I am the light that shines bright;
- I deserve the best in life;
- I give the best of me always.
Repeat these words every day until they sink into subconscious mind and become your lifestyle.
- Present yourself well wherever you are.
- Always listen to yourself whenever you communicate with your family, friends, acquaintances, etc. because that will give them clues on how to treat you.
- Just go to your FB page if you have and check what you post, what does it say about you as the world-class person? Does it represent you well? Same thing applies to your WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn platforms, etc. Your posts on these social media platforms may create a person that you wouldn’t like to meet yourself, a person that is misunderstood, doesn’t care, hopeless and have no vision. It is always difficult to correct these perceptions once created.
- Love yourself unconditionally and the world will conspire with you.
- Develop yourself every day to better your best, focus on a particular area or skill and work at it with everything you have and the results will soon show.
- Respect your mind, don’t feed it anything that will not help you become a better person. Your mind is too special to be fed trash.
“I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way gain.” – Etienne de Grellet.
Let these words be your everyday reminder that you are a one-time experience in this world. I believe in you and your abilities, the world has long been waiting for you, shine brighter.
Veli Ndaba is a Professional and Motivational Speaker, Life-Coach and Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner, Author of two books (You Are Born to Win and Your Dream is Calling You), Newspaper Columnist and Entrepreneur. To book him to help you and your team unleash your greatness, contact him on email@example.com , www.velindaba.co.za and 083 304 9773