“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” Henry David Thoreau.
Many people have a lot of missed calls in their lives simply because of the noise around them. This noise has drowned and deafened their voice of reason that is meant to guide and lead them to their destiny. Yes, it seems that the opposite of courage in our world today is not cowardice any more but conformity. To be truly yourself in this world that is so well set up to make you conform is a greatest accomplishment.
To be able to step to the beat of a different drummer as opposed to that heard by the masses, takes a lot of faith and trust in yourself. You have to know that you are different, unique, special and that you were created to be solution to a particular problem in this world. The reason I, Veli Ndaba, was born was to remind you of your purpose and to help you reconnect with the highest that’s within you. When you were conceived, a seed of greatness was planted in you and yours is to protect it, water it, cultivate it, fertilize it and remove unwanted weeds around it until the harvest time. To achieve this, you need to stay inspired. When you are truly inspired, the word ‘IMPOSSIBLE’ becomes ‘I’M POSSIBLE’.
Successful people don’t become that way overnight. What most people see at a glance – happiness, wealth, a great career, purpose – is the result of belief and faith, dedication, persistence and of course, adaptability. These people develop a miracle mindset and I speak a lot around this concept on different platforms. So, they believe in themselves and their dreams and become expectant. Here’s how to immerse yourself in these sources of inspiration for you to stay inspired:
- Deciding what to do– most people suffer from indecision, they never take a decision. A decision is a culmination of a process that starts with a need to decide. It’s then followed by the deciding process where brain-storming possible decisions happens and so on and so forth. This is the process that I unpack. Taking a decision inspires you because you become clear of what to do.
- Planning how to do it – this is when you look at the how, when, who and resources required, etc. Unfortunately most people and even businesses never do justice to this process. Critical things and steps are overlooked. You’ve heard of the saying that failing to plan is planning to fail. Planning helps you know how to go about what it is you decided to do and this inspires you to carry on.
- Beginning to do it – this now helps you put everything in motion. Starting has magic in it. When you see what you decided to do and planned getting in motion – whoa! that’s huge, believe you me. This inspires you and shows you that you are on the right track. This also gives you the opportunity to fine tune whatever needs fine tuning. You see, you cannot steer a stationary vehicle let alone make a U-turn, it has to be in motion.
- Progressing – this is when you see yourself taking baby-steps. For me, building my speaking career for an example was an exciting journey. Seeing myself planning, receiving coaching and delivering that CC1 (level 1) speech at my Toastmasters club. Next time doing the same thing for my CC2 speech until my CC10 (level 10) speech. Inspiration comes as a result of feeling a sense of control and progress.
- Achieving – This is when you reach your intended and desired destination. This is when you feel the sense of achieving your goal.
When you look at this process of staying inspired, it doesn’t focus on what you finally get but rather, on who you become along the journey which is very important. This is how the character is built, it’s a process not an event.
I trust this helps you like it helps me achieve my goals and dreams. You have the power to live your dreams!
Veli Ndaba is a Professional and Motivational Speaker, Life-Coach and Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner, Author of three books (You Are Born to Win, Your Dream is Calling You and SWITCH ON!), Newspaper Columnist and Entrepreneur. To book him to speak at your next event or to help you and your team unleash your greatness, contact him on email@example.com , www.velindaba.com or +27 83 304 9773